80% of Americans will have lower back pain sometime in their lives.
Why are you almost guaranteed to experience back pain? More importantly, if you’re in pain right now, why are you almost guaranteed to experience it again at a later time in life?
Concerning your options, think about it:
- Physical therapists use electronic stimulation and ultrasound and strengthen weakness.
- Chiropractors adjust joints.
- Orthopedic doctors inject cortisone or perform surgery.
- Medical doctors prescribe medicine.
- Massage therapists work on muscles.
All of the different types of therapists and doctors who help a percentage of the population points to the fact that there are a wide variety of causes to back pain and a wide variety of potential solutions.
What does this mean for you, as someone with back pain, to get better?
No matter how long you’ve experienced your pain and how intense the back pain is?
It means that you need to take all of the puzzle pieces that make your body and your health … and put them together to zoom out from a reductionist point of view … and provide sweet-spot solutions for all of the individual problems in your body. Don’t be overwhelmed. This fact points to why you’re reading this right now.
When you do so, and you have the trusted observation of a doctor who respects all pieces of your back pain, you have the greatest potential for fixing any back pain condition.
Common conditions we treat and fix at Barefoot Rehab are:
- Disc herniations/extrusions
- Internal Disc Derangements (IDD)
- Spinal Stenosis
- Ligament sprains
- Muscle strains
- “Sciatica” or nerve pain (pain in the glutes, quads, hamstring, IT-Band, Calf, Foot)
- Excessive sitting syndrome
- Psoas and/or iliacus adhesion
- Coccyx pain
As always, the key starts with a proper diagnosis.
If you are experiencing back pain and have a trusted therapist or doctor who is taking care of you, I’m so happy for you. You’re lucky to have found someone who you respect and speaks the truth.
If not, the doctors at Barefoot Rehab would love to chat on the phone and connect to see if your condition is a fit for our philosophy. Click the button below or call us today at 862-205-4847 to make an appointment for a 15-minute FREE consultation.